Simonis 65 - Reduced
|Bring offers. $25k reduction
220 Watermaker has been overhauled 75gpm
Electrical panel has been overhauled and upgraded
New linens and towels
Location: George Town, Exumas
Engine/Fuel Type: Dual / diesel
Hull Material: High density foam core,
Total Power: 220 HP
Cruising Speed: 8 knots @ 2500 RPM
Shangri La is a beautiful custom-built performance catamaran with style like no other. She is a modern, fast and comfortable 65′ cruising catamaran with 5 double guest and 2 crew cabins, large comfortable salon with full bar and fully air conditioned throughout. Her layout and design make for ease of handling or shorthanded sailing. She is set up ready to be put into charter or make an ideal family cruising vessel for an around the world cruise/sabbatical.
Over the years, the original owners used her in charter very lightly and mostly for their own pleasure, always with permanent crew or berthed on a secure dock with a management company. She was recently purchased by her second owner and he has put a lot of time and money into her getting ready to put her into a dive charter in the Exuma’s. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen family circumstances he has been forced to put her back on the market after all the repairs and upgrades have been done and before he could even get started.
She was extensively upgraded (2011) and again in the last 2 months (Dec 10 / Jan 2020) with everything from top to bottom and nearly everything in between, inspected and repaired or replaced as needed.
Latest refit and repairs include:
- Fresh water system has all leaks fixed and new stud water tank
- New headhunter 120v water pump on port side
- Electrical is squared away with partial new panel
- New Outback inverter port side
- New 24v Watermaker (now has 2 watermakers)
- New Brownies 220v dive compressor and 10 new tanks, 8 new sets of dive equipment
- New ice maker
- New isinglass dodger and quarter panels
- All new hatch and window covers
- New lifelines
- New bolt rope sewn on Genoa luff
- New hand rails mounted on aft steps
- Cushions updated
- New bed linens
- Soft-close hinges on cabinet doors
- Updated AV system with 2 high-gain cellular antennas and onboard WiFi and Blu-ray smartphone controlled.
- 14kw Phasor generator port side
- Highfield 460 ribbed dink -very nice
- Yamaha 70hp 4stroke outboard
The 2011 refit included all the standing rigging being replaced, new Hydranet sails, new spectra furling line, main/genoa/spinnaker halyards, genoa sheets, new 25 inch 4 bladed max props, re-varnish of whole interior, new cabinetry hardware, new flooring throughout, new teak cockpit floor, new windows, new hydraulic steering system, new galley equipment, new Bose surround sound system, flat screen TV/DVD in each cabin, new Tempurpedic mattresses, new salon & cockpit cushions, new linens, towels and crockery, Kevlar anchor plates installed, new anchor and chain and the list goes on & on….
Designed for the original owner by internationally recognized naval architect Alex Simonis of Simonis Voogd Designs who has been responsible for designing the winning boats of the 2000 and 2004 Sydney Hobart ocean race, the 1993, 2000 and 2003 Cape to Rio race and the inshore 2008 Yeoman Cup.
Caribe Yachts of St Kitts built her to the highest possible standard using high density closed cell foamed core, reinforced with Kevlar and carbon. Laid up using epoxy resins, tri-axial and bi-axial cloth over the high density closed cell foam core. Carbon is used extensively throughout for added strength where necessary. Both hulls are solid Kevlar below the waterline. The result is an extremely stiff, strong, lightweight construction which is needed in a modern performance multi-hull. In late 2013 the entire boat was re sprayed in Awlgrip as well as the mast and boom. The rig was removed for this and was re rigged professionally with all new standing rigging and fittings.
All interior floors are Teak & Mahogany Lonseal.
The rudders are a carefully designed foil shape and are molded from epoxy & carbon and encased foam with internal S/S frames.
The hydraulic dual station steering system is custom engineered. There are duplicate instruments on both helm stations with dual ZF micro commander engine controls.
The tastefully furnished spacious salon provides for a cool and relaxing area offering a 360º view with a full bar to starboard including sink, hot/cold faucet, ice maker, 3 x bar fridges, wine cooler, 3 x bar stools, glasses cabinet and wine glass rack overhead. Lots of 110v electrical sockets and LED night rope lighting.
Two round dinettes with storage in seating, are set on the port side and can be used for dining, games, cocktails in any configuration you wish. 34″ LED flat screen TV with Bose surround sound system that can be viewed from any seat in salon. All new upholstery cushions in leatherette, 19″ LED flat screen TV’s with Blu Ray in all cabins, new privacy blinds on all cabin hatches and portholes. The new salon side windows are treated with V film which blocks UV rays and stops heat intrusion.
Music/entertainment center is set up on the port side behind the settee with printer/scanner, Bose amp, Denon HDMI amplifier, FM/AM,CD, DVD, all BluRay. Fusion waterproof speakers in cockpit and on bow.
Two navigation centers all recently rewired with new gauges for fuel, water and black water tanks. The port nav station has a custom back-lit panel showing engine room fire alarms, 4 high water alarms and a silhouette outline of vessel showing all lights, pumps and alarms in one quick glance. The starboard nav station has the 12V distribution panel, and a 2nd VHF radio.
Two large sliding doors connect the spacious cockpit and salon area. Large comfortable, airy and protected cockpit for dining and relaxing has a new teak deck and a large extendable solid teak dining table that can seat up to 12 comfortably. All cockpit cushions recovered in 2011 with high quality materials. Two new 96qt coolers with seating cushions double up as extra seating if needed over and above the salon ottoman seats that can be moved into cockpit with ease.
There are five en suite interior staterooms and 2 en suite air-conditioned crew cabins up forward in the bows with deck entrances. Forward of the salon are the two master staterooms with king size beds. Port aft and mid side are queen size beds, all with Tempurpedic mattresses.
All interior cabins have private en-suite heads with separate enclosed shower stalls, excellent hot and cold water pressure. All the heads are Royal Flush Headhunter fresh water flush. Each cabin has its own AC control, 19′ flat screen TV and DVD. All hatches have ‘Ocean Air’ screens and hatches/portholes have privacy closures replaced.
Each of the 4 interior companionways have cupboards with the one forward on port side large enough for grocery pantry. In same companion way there is a large storeroom/workshop under midway cabin. Forward starboard side has large cupboard for wet weather gear, ironing board, games, brooms, mops etc. The two aft companion-way cupboards are smaller but are still good storage units.
Large galley down in stb hull with lots of storage and work surface, double sink, dishwasher, freezer, new 2017. Double door refrigerator, convection microwave (new Dec 2019) and oven with 5 burner gas top fully serviced Dec 2019.
Electronics & Electrics
- 2 x Raymarine C series 12″ multi function displays new Feb 2018
- Latest model Raymarine instruments installed Feb 2018 at both helm stations
- Autopilot head, Tri-Data, Wind instruments
- 2 x VHF radios
- 1x Icom IC-M45 and 1x New Raymarine
- Raymarine digital color radar (New Dec 2019)
The boat has 220V/60Hz, 110V/60Hz, as well as 12V and 24V DC systems
- 14kw Phasor diesel generator 220/60Hz (New January 2020)
- 1 x 17kw Phasor diesel generator 220/60Hz (+- 1700hrs) (New July 2014)
- 4 x Racor fuel/water separators
- 75′ 220v/50amp shore power cable
- 2 x Xantrax 3500W/100A 24V inverter chargers new Dec 2017
- Xantrex Link Pro battery monitor 2018
- 12 x 8D Batteries totals 1560 amp hrs at 24 volts (can run everything for 2 days) 2018
- 4 ton Technicold chilled water air-conditioning system
- 220 V Watermaker produces 70gal per hour
- 24V Watermaker (New Dec 2019)
The new air conditioning chiller unit and all the pumps are 220V as are both battery chargers.
Mechanical & Tankage
- 1 x Yanmar diesel 4JH4-HTE1 16valve Intercooled Turbo 110hp – New Feb 2015
- 1 x Yanmar diesel 4JH4-HTE1 16valve Intercooled Turbo 110hp – New June 2014
- Racor fuel/water separators
- Micro commander electronic engine controls on both helm stations new 2017
- Dual station custom hydraulic steering system
- Propellers are the latest VP series 4 bladed 25″ Maxprops
- New cutlass bearings Nov 2019 and all zincs replaced
- Halon Fireboy automatic fire control systems in both engine rooms.
- 320gal fuel in 4 tanks, 2 x 110gal aluminum + 2 x 50 gal PVC
- 240gal fresh water in 2 tanks – aluminum
- 2 x 40gal black water holding tanks – PVC
- 4 x 20gal grey water holding tanks – PVC
Sails and Rigging
- Carbon mast and boom
- Fully battoned Hydranet main sail with Antal car system
- Genoa (Hydranet)
- Hydranet sails made by Doyle Sails
- Lazy jacks and stackpack
- Main halyard and genoa halyard and sheets replaced with Dyneema
- Code 0 screecher
- Profurl roller furling
- Furling line replaced with Spectra
Entire rig was removed and professionally re-built with all new standing rigging and fittings
The mast was completely rewired and all the mast lights are now LED as are all the navigation lights. Dec 2013
Hull & Deck
- Lewmar deck hardware
- 2 x Primary electric winches #77
- 1 x Mast electric winch #58
- 5 x Additional two speed winches
- Swim and dive platform with hydraulic Nautical Structures dinghy crane
- Transoms built extra wide for ease of use for scuba divers
- 4 x Extra large storage lockers run along astern of cockpit
- Cockpit bimini cover
- Aft shade net awning replaced
- Large foredeck awning hardly used, (like new only used less than a doz times)
- Cockpit cushions recovered with latest Sunbrella fabric
- Teak catwalk
- Anchor bridle
- 2 x Lewmar 24v electric anchor windlasses, Stb motor replaced 2013/14 & Port 2018
- 1 x 88lb Delta new May 2012 with 200′ 1/2 inch BBB anchor chain new April 2018
- 1 x 77lb Delta anchor with 300′ 1/2″ BBB galvanized anchor chain in excellent condition
- Highfield 460 ribbed dinghy (New Dec 2019)
- Yamaha 70hp 4stroke outboard (New Dec 2019)
- Nautical Structures hydraulic dinghy crane with remote control makes for easy single-handed dinghy launching and recovery.
- 2 x 8 man Liferafts serviced 2017
- Fire extinguishers all serviced and replaced as needed 2012 & kept up to date
- USCG safety equipment currently up to date
- 12 x Life jackets adult size with lights & whistles
- 6 x life jackets children size
- 1 x Epirb 406mhz new Dec 2014
- Flares and emergency equipment in compliance with USCG
- 2 x Horseshoe life rings with lights & whistles (New Dec 2019)
- 1 x radar reflector
- High water alarms in both engine rooms and interior bilges
- Automatic fire suppression systems in both engine room.