Selling a Yacht
An overview of the yacht selling process
Steps to Selling a Yacht
If you’re a boat owner wishing to sell, 123 Hulls will list your yacht and find you a buyer, while making the process straightforward and stress-free for you. The process of selling a yacht typically proceeds as follows:
- When you decide you wish to sell your boat, we will ask you to sign a listing agreement.
- You will then be asked to provide all necessary yacht documentation and vessel registration papers.
- We actively market your vessel through our network of brokers.
- When a serious buyer is ready to make an offer, we present you with a Sale & Purchase agreement, detailing the price the buyer is offering and any other conditions. There may be some negotiation on price/terms at this point.
- Once agreement is reached the buyer will organize surveys, sea trials, and financing.
- If satisfactory, the buyer signs an official acceptance and the sale is confirmed.
- A Bill of Sale needs to be drawn up and the process of de registering the vessel begins.
- On the closing date, we hand the Bill of Sale to the buyer and wire the funds to you.
How we help you sell your Yacht
To ensure the sale of your vessel is quick and efficient 123 Hulls will assist with:
- Pricing – Based on our knowledge of vessels currently for sale and recently sold boats we will help you assess a fair market price.
- Improvements – We will suggest ways in which your boat can be enhanced to increase your chances of a quick sale. These might range from cosmetic improvements to repairs, service work or moving the vessel to a better location.
- Marketing – Through a combination of digital marketing, print advertising, social media, boat shows and using our network of international brokerage contacts we work to put your vessel in front of as many qualified buyers as possible.
- Communication – We will keep you up to speed about changes in the market, enquiries received, response to our advertising campaigns or any changes to the circumstances surrounding your vessel.